So anyway - The Nest is huge now, and I can't wait to get through it and then build it up again. That's one difference between Dad's nest and mine. He can remove a book from the nest and return it to the shelves if he feels he's read enough of it to get the gist. But once I've started a book I can't not finish it - even if I hate it. I rarely actually hate any book I pick up, but I have been bored by page 3 or apalled on page 27 on occasion. Still, I finish them every time. Well - there are a couple of exceptions. Those books take a break on the less portable nest - the little bookshelf by my bed. I still intend to finish them one day but, seriously, Billy Graham's autobiography is long.
Friday, August 24, 2007
So anyway - The Nest is huge now, and I can't wait to get through it and then build it up again. That's one difference between Dad's nest and mine. He can remove a book from the nest and return it to the shelves if he feels he's read enough of it to get the gist. But once I've started a book I can't not finish it - even if I hate it. I rarely actually hate any book I pick up, but I have been bored by page 3 or apalled on page 27 on occasion. Still, I finish them every time. Well - there are a couple of exceptions. Those books take a break on the less portable nest - the little bookshelf by my bed. I still intend to finish them one day but, seriously, Billy Graham's autobiography is long.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Er, so is Wrinkle in Time the book that "every girl who grew up Christian should have read"? You had me intensely hooked to find out and then just left me hanging.
By the way, I'm glad you shared this weblog with your caring bridge readers. Or do you think we are caring bridge trolls, sitting underneath saying what's she tromping on that bridge?
Yes, it was Wrinkle in Time. Can you believe I never read it? And then I found an interview with the author online, and that woman is one delightful Christian. Very edgy - not that edgy equals delightful. Here is the link. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4926262/
Well - that's the mumbo jumbo you should be able to copy and paste anyway. I loved that she was so well educated and her statements about the bible and that she was completely unshaken by the fact that The Da Vinci Code was written and was popular (gasp!)
I wasn't sure I still had too many caringbridge readers, but I thought the ones who checked in on that might enjoy this. I'm so glad you stopped by.
And I could never think of you as a troll.
Seren, this is great!! You are bookmarked! :-)
I have a "nest" too! Mine is rediculous though, as of yeasterday it is now in a basket by the side of my bed, but before that it was a huge pile scattered like an oozing mold on my side of the bed. I had trouble not stepping on them each morning when I awoke. You could not see my floor!! I will have to cull some though or the poor basket will split and spill out my pile to re-cover my now nice viewable floor.
That was me, Seren.
Amy B.
Post a Comment